To obtain a permit for work inside of the City of Greenwood, you must possess a state license issued by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. You must also obtain a City of Greenwood Business License.
Questions? Contact a Permit Tech for assistance.
Connie Cannon - 864.942.8424
Phila Rambo - 864.942.8478
A Building Permit Application will be accepted only when the following information is received:
- An approved site sketch, required by the Planning and Zoning Department, showing dimensions of structure and setbacks on new construction, additions, and enclosure of an existing exterior area;
- Physical address for job site assigned by Engineering Department;
- Name of property owner;
- City business licenses for the contractor and all subcontractors if job is located within the City limits;
- State licensing number for the contractor and all subcontractors where required by state law;
- Four (4) sets of drawings (to scale) are required on all new commercial and residential structures and additions, as well as on all new commercial and manufacturing renovations;
- A South Carolina Architectural seal is required on the following:
- All Assembly, Educational and Institutional Occupancies.
- Buildings and structures three or more stories high. (except one and two family dwellings)
- Buildings and structures five thousand (5,000) square feet or more in area.
- A site plan is required on all commercial and residential applications for new construction and additions.