Gerald L. Brooks
Chief of Police
(864) 942-8418 FAX
520 Monument Street, Room 103
The Greenwood Police Department will be a learning organization devoted to continuous improvement, excellence, the maintenance of customer satisfaction, and the principles of quality leadership. We will be the best police department in the United States of America!
All of our citizens and all who have put their faith and trust in us - with courtesy, integrity, knowledge, and courage.
Their lives, their property, and their rights; by forever challenging ourselves and raising our standards, and by developing new and innovative methods in our quest for excellence.
For everyone we encounter - by showing kindness, compassion, respect, dignity and equality for all; and by providing a work place where everyone is valued as a team member and rewarded for excellence and perseverance.
Statement of ValuesA member of the Greenwood Police Department:
- is honest, trustworthy, and courageous
- respects people and their diversity
- obeys the law and defends the Bill of Rights
- is physically and mentally fit
- views citizens as customers
- delivers quality service
- is community oriented
- works to identify and resolve problems
- is courteous and an active listener
- is a leader and a team player
- demonstrates control in the use of force
- continuously improves throughout his or her career
- believes that prevention is better than a cure
- knows that integrity has no price.