Community Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

 dog truck2

Animal Control Officer

Greenwood City Police employ a full-time Animal Control Officer. This officer works 8AM-5PM Monday through Friday. Some of the services offered by our Animal Control Officer include:

  • Catching stray/vicious dogs
  • Removing deceased animals from roadways
  • Advising citizens concerning state and city statutes applicable to the ownership of pets/livestock
  • Setting humane traps to capture pests
  • Coordinating our partnership with the Greenwood County Humane Society
  • Assisting police officers investigating incidents involving animals

Please be advised - Greenwood Police Department does not remove stray/feral cats. If you need to speak to the Animal Control Officer during normal working hours, you can call the Police Department at (864) 942-8405. If you encounter an aggressive animal, or a situation where the safety of an animal or the public may be at risk, please call 911 and advise a dispatcher. 


Crime Prevention Officer

The City of Greenwood Police Department is committed to helping our citizens prevent themselves from being victimized by crime. We believe in the old adage, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." The police department has an officer who is designated as the Crime Prevention Officer. This officer's primary responsibility is to be available to the public in order to better help our citizens protect themselves. Some of the crime prevention services we offer include:

  • Neighborhood Watch
  • Business Watch
  • Crime Prevention Classes
  • Security Assessments

We also have some basic Safety Tips for helping to make you and your family less likely targets of crime. If you have any questions, or would like to take advantage of any of these services, please contact Lieutenant Jason Budreau at (864) 942-8468, or email him at


Parking Enforcement

In order to maintain traffic flow and the availability or parking around businesses in the city, Greenwood Police Department employs a full-time civilian Parking Enforcement Officer. This officer works Monday through Friday, 9AM to 6PM, and conducts regular patrols in and around public parking lots in the City of Greenwood. This officer has the authority to monitor and enforce all city regulations regarding parking. 

If you have any questions about parking regulations, you can contact the police department at (864) 942-8405 to speak with Parking Enforcement or another available officer. If you have received a parking citation that you need to pay, please see the information on your citation for payment instructions. If you have questions, you can stop by the Municipal Court Administrator's Office.

Parking Enforcement vehicle


School Crossing Guards

The Greenwood Police Department currently employs three (3) School Crossing Guards. These civilian employees are on duty in front of various schools, rain or shine, to make sure that your children arrive at school safely. Crossing Guards direct traffic at important intersections in front of our Greenwood Schools every day. If you think you might be interested in serving your community in this capacity, please contact the Police Department at (864) 942-8405.


Victim's Assistance Services

The South Carolina Victim's & Witnesses Bill of Rights makes it possible for victims of criminal acts to obtain assistance while dealing with the aftermath of an incident. In many cases, victims can receive financial assistance to pay for medical bills resulting from the criminal incident. The advocates also make themselves available to help victims navigate the court process, answer any questions they have, and also petition on their behalf for other necessary restitution. This service is provided at no cost to the victim to help them recover from their ordeal and get back to their normal lives. 

Greenwood City is currently partnered with the Victim's Services Office of Greenwood County. If you need their assistance, please visit see their page for further information