Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pay Sanitation Bills Online


Please feel free to make a service request to the Sanitation Division by phone at (864) 942-8420 or by submitting a Citizen Request Form.





The City of Greenwood provides a roll-cart for each single-family dwelling located within the City limits. Residential garbage service is provided once a week on your designated collection day. If you need to know your collection day, you can download the City’s collection map or call (864) 942-8420 for further assistance. Please place all household garbage and other miscellaneous trash inside your cart. Please do not place construction materials, dirt, hot coals, poisons, oil, gasoline, paints, flammables, or other dangerous materials in the roll-cart. In addition, please do not mix environmental waste (yard waste, limbs, leaves, etc.) with your household garbage. The City provides a separate pick-up for environmental items. Be sure to leave materials inside the container with the lid closed in an effort to reduce littering in the community.

The user or property owner will be responsible for the replacement of cans damaged by the user or property owner. Should your residential roll-cart need to be repaired or replaced, please contact the City of Greenwood at (864) 942-8420.

Place your garbage out for collection by 6:30 AM on your collection day. On collection day, the user shall place the roll-cart where it is easily accessible to the garbage collector from the street or sidewalk. Please do not locate the roll-cart in the street or blocking a sidewalk. Per City Ordinance, users shall return the roll-cart to their residence or business after garbage and trash has been picked up no later than 9:00 PM on the day of collection.


To participate in the City of Greenwood’s Residential Garbage Collection Program, citizens are required to put household garbage generated at the residence into a city provided 90 gallon “roll cart”.  To be emptied, the roll cart must be placed at the curbside of the nearest public roadway on the specified collection day.  Citizens with a verifiable medical or physical disability that prevents them from meeting these requirements may submit a completed Medical/Physical Disability Verification Form to the Public Works Department to request a waiver of the curbside collection requirement. With an approved waiver, City personnel will provide special service by collecting the roll cart from a designated location other than at the curbside.   If you currently have Disability Sanitation Collection but wish to cancel the service, please complete a Cancellation Form or contact the Sanitation Department at 864.942.8420.


All establishments other than single-family and duplex residential dwellings shall use either a roll-cart or metal container provided by the City of Greenwood for the collection of garbage and trash. Service to an industrial establishment or other potential users requiring special handling will not be provided by the City of Greenwood. Please contact the Sanitation Department at (864) 942-8420 to discuss various options regarding container size. An application for commercial sanitation can be downloaded by clicking here. The current commercial sanitation collection rate for City of Greenwood can be downloaded here.



The City of Greenwood collects yard waste disposed of by City residents.

  • Items Collected: Grass Clippings, Leaves, Limbs.
  • Place your items in separate piles at least 3 feet away from other obstacles such as mailboxes, utility poles, and automobiles.
  • Limbs should be separated from leaves.
  • Yard waste should NOT be placed in the street, gutter, ditch, sidewalk, nor on properties other than the premises of the depositor.
PLEASE NOTE - All building material, refuse or debris resulting from home repairs, remodeling, or any kind of construction shall be moved by the hired contractor, owner of the property, or person completing the work.



The City of Greenwood provides a collection route for these items. It is estimated that this route collects in each City neighborhood approximately every two weeks.

  • Items Include: furniture, carpeting, small appliances, large toys, mattresses, box springs or other large items that do not fit into your garbage cart.
  • Other collection items "white goods" include: large metal appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.
  • We DO NOT accept compressed gas containers such as propane tanks or bottles.
  • We DO NOT accept any fluid liquid container such as gas, oil cans/drums, or paint.
  • For the safety of children, please remove doors from all items before placing items at curb.

If you are placing a large amount of material on the street, please contact the City of Greenwood at (864) 942-8420 or fill-out an online request for services here and we will contact you regarding collection.


The City of Greenwood provides a utility trailer for large home clean-up projects completed by the homeowner at no charge. These trailers can be used for environmental waste (leafs, limbs, and other similar debris) Only City of Greenwood solid waste customers will be eligible to use the utility trailers. If you are hiring a private landscaping contractor, he/she is required to remove all environmental debris cleaned during a contracted job. The use of a utility trailer can be scheduled by calling (864) 942-8420.


Residents should either bag their leaves or deposit them directly at the street/curb. DO NOT block ditch or sidewalk or impede into the roadway. The City of Greenwood uses a vacuum system to remove leaves from the right-of-way. In order to assist the City, please separate leaves from branches and limbs. DO NOT mix garbage waste with environmental materials.


The City of Greenwood DOES NOT provide recycling services. This service is provided by Greenwood County. For information on the County’s recycling program, please call (864) 942-8754 or visit


The following materials will not be picked up during residential collection. It is the responsibility of the resident to dispose of these items properly by taking them to the Greenwood County Landfill, or a County Convenience Center. Contact the Greenwood County Landfill at 864-942-8627 or visit for more information.

  • Batteries
  • Automobile fluids such as antifreeze, brake fluid or motor oil
  • Building materials
  • Fuel/oil tanks or drums
  • Propane or oxygen tanks
  • Railroad ties
  • Bricks, shingles, concrete blocks or ceramic tiles
  • Paint
  • Any items left by a hired contractor

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer