border graphic

Appeal Instructions

You have 10 days to file and appeal. The appellant shall file notice of appeal with the clerk of circuit court, Clerk of Court, Room 114 at the Court House, 528 Monument Street, and shall serve notice of appeal upon the municipal judge who tried the case and upon the designated agent for the prosecuting agency or attorney who prosecuted the charge, stating the grounds upon which the appeal is founded.

For notice on the Judge that tried you case you may mail or hand-deliver your appeal to:

Greenwood Municipal Court
520 Monument Street/PO Box 40
Greenwood, SC 29648


    • Your full name and address
    • Home and work telephone numbers
    • Ticket or warrant number
    • Date of trial and charge (if known)
    • A detailed explanation of your reason for filing

The Municipal Court will file the notice of appeal with the Court of Common Pleas for Greenwood County.

If you want your sentence to be stayed or held until your appeal has been heard, then you must ask the Trial Judge to do this at the time you file your appeal. You may do so in writing or by appearing in court. The Judge may require you to post bail or a Surety Bond with conditions.

When the appeal has been filed, you will be notified of the hearing date by the Clerk of Court of Common Pleas, whose location is:

Clerk of Court
Room 114, Court House
528 Monument Street
Greenwood, SC 29646

You should contact that office for the status of your appeal.

border graphic