2022 GENERAL ELECTION
City Offices scheduled for the November 8, 2022, election include:
- City Council: Ward 2
- City Council: Ward 4
- City Council: Ward 6
- Commissioner of Public Works (1 seat)
Greenwood City Council candidate information for the November 8, 2022 election can be found here.
School District 50 candidate information for the November 8, 2022 election can be found here.
Statewide Constitutional Amendments - There will be two items on the ballot pertaining to the South Carolina state budget. Information on the two proposed amendments can be found on the SC Election Commission's website here.
VIEW A SAMPLE BALLOT FOR THE 2022 GENERAL ELECTION
This sample will only include information on state-level offices and amendments. To view local candidate information please use the links provided above.
General Election Info
All municipal elections in the City of Greenwood are conducted by the Greenwood County Voter Registration & Election Office. Residents with questions about the election, or those that need assistance determining which ward they reside in, may contact the Voter Registration & Election Office at (864) 942-8585.
Click here for information on absentee voting.
Municipal elections are conducted on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November in each even-numbered year. The seats up for election will alternate every two years.
- 2022 election - Wards 2, 4 6 and Mayor
- 2024 election - Wards 1, 3, 5
Representation & Terms
- The mayor is elected at large. Each council-member must be a resident elector in the ward he/she seeks to represent.
- The mayor for the city is elected for a term of four years.
- The council-members are elected for a term of four years, with three being elected at each general election.